Saturday, November 30, 2013

What Is The Purpose of My Life?

What is the purpose of life? Sometimes life can knock you down, and you wonder why. Why is life so hard? Why are so many negative things happening? Why me? What did I do to deserve this? I cannot handle this! We have so many negative thoughts about life when life throws us curve balls and shoves us down to the depths of despair; depths so deep that at the moment of despair it seems impossible that we could ever climb out of the depths and stand on level ground.

I am here to tell you that if you are in a trench so deep that you cannot even see light, it is possible to get out! It may not be easy, but it is possible. Darkness is not fun! The negative things in life are not fun! But darkness, tribulation and negative events are needed to grow, develop, and fly high above the trenches you were once in. 

I have been in many dark places throughout my young life. Places I would never want to go back to. Places so dark, I wanted to end them right then and there. But I stayed strong and kept moving forward, hoping that one day I would see even a fragment of light. It was little flashes of light along the way that gave me the strength to hold on for just one more day. I had to take life one day, and sometimes even one step, at a time. In these moments, the question of, "What is the purpose of my life?" runs rampantly through the head. "Why should I do _____ if _______ is just going to happen? If all this trials are going to be thrown at me, why should I even move forward?" 

You NEED to live! You NEED to keep moving forward and let these trials change you! Going through the hard times of life, it is sometimes hard to see what you could offer the world, but these trials are just preparing you to change the world and to do things you never saw possible. 

The trials I have had have been the hardest things I have ever had to face, but looking back at them, I am grateful for the person I have become because of them. I see that I could not be this person without the specific trials I have had to face, fight, and triumph over. 

I used to hate myself, literally despise the person I was. I LOVE myself now, and it is not just because I randomly started loving who I was. The love I have for myself came from the trials in my life and the trenches I was stuck in. The trenches I had to fight to get out of. The trenches that took all my strength and power to get out of. And yes, I got out of the trenches, but because of the strength I gained from climbing out, I am not just standing over the trench, but I am soaring high in the sky. Seeing the beauty that is surrounding the trench I was once in, contemplating whether to move forward or not. So move forward, persevere through whatever you have to face today, and take it just one step at a time. You can do it! Your life has so much purpose. You will see your purpose only if you continue forward until the day you will soar high above and see why you are here, and how you can change the world! Just one step.

Aw.


2 comments:

  1. You know how to find light in the dark and bring others joy...so glad you're writing your journey..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you do much for sharing this. You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete