Saturday, January 11, 2014

Unconditionally

I have a new favorite song. Unconditionally by Katy Perry. The lyrics have so much meaning and hit the spot for me. I have been doing some soul searching recently and have been wondering what is right? What is wrong? Who am I? What am I supposed to do with my life? etc. many many questions. I have listened to others and what they think I should do and have allowed them to determine what SHOULD make me happy. 

I have realized that the only thing that can truly make me happy is to listen to MY heart and do what MY heart is telling me to do. Not what someone else thinks I should do. As I was listening to the lyrics of this song, I realized one of the first things I need to do is love unconditionally. And this unconditional love needs to start with me. One of my resolutions for the year is to love myself unconditionally. As I love myself unconditionally, I will be able to love everyone around me unconditionally. As I love myself unconditionally, I will be able to do what is best for me which in turn will be best for everyone around me. I can only be my best self when I love my worst self unconditionally.

Here are some of my favorite lyrics from the song:
      

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally 

Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you, I love you

So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart

Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?

I do love myself; my strengths, weaknesses, imperfections, gifts, talents, joys, and everything that makes me ME! 


So, Love yourself unconditionally so you can do the same for others!


No comments:

Post a Comment