Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"Let It Go" Disney's Frozen

What I learned from a Disney Princess!


I have not seen this movie yet, but have still learned a lot from Elsa just from watching these two clips. Elsa had been hiding her powers/gifts from the world which kept her from shining. She did not see how her gifts could be good. She was trying to be someone she was not. She was empty and miserable. 

I have been this person before and, at times, am still trying to get away from this. I have talents and gifts that I hide because I am afraid of what will come about if I use them. I am afraid of what other people might think, or what they might say about me. I am afraid of rejection. I am afraid of failure. But failure will surely come if I don't do anything with what I have. I need to use my gifts and talents and share them. I need to go down MY OWN path and not worry about what others might say, or how they think that my path is not practical. I need to SHINE so that I can be happy. I need to be my authentic self so that I don't feel empty. I need to do what I feel is right, and not what others want me to do. 


Elsa could only keep her gift in for so long. Once she embraced her gift and let go, she had no limits to what she could do. Some of the lyrics went straight to the center of my soul. This is how I want to feel I want to be able to "Let It Go" and reach far beyond the stars. So... 


"Here I stand, and Here I stay! 
Let the storm rage on!" 


"Let it go, let it go.

Can't hold it back anymore.

Let it go, let it go.
Turn away and slam the door.

I don't care what they're going to say.

Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway.
It's funny how some distance, makes everything seem small.
And the fears that once controlled me, 
can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do, 

to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me. I'm free!"

I am free! I don't need to worry about right or wrong, I just need to be me! I just need to go, share what I have, and inspire others. We all have gifts. If we could all just "Let It Go" we would all be happy! There would be no judgement, and no worrying about judgement. I am done listening to others! I am done worrying about what others think, and I am beginning to listen to the most important being, my HEART! I know my heart will not lead me astray! 


No comments:

Post a Comment